Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jul!


So Christmas is kind of a big deal here. I'm sure you noticed with the fact that it began in early November with the release of the Jul Ol. Apparently what goes on all December is Julfrokost, which means Christmas lunch, but is actually any time of the day. Everything you do has a julfrokost, such as work, friends, family, school and dancing clubs.

Last weekend, I went with my host family to DIS's julfrokost. It was really nice, and we sat with Kristina and her visiting family. Afterwards, my host family drove me around Copenhagen in search of Christmas lights. The most lit up house was average by US standards, and a joke to Clark Griswald. But it was very cute and nice of them to show me around.

Tonight we went to another julfrokost with Stig and Jane's dancing club. Jane has been dancing since she was a little girl, and Stig gave in two years ago. We had a lovely dinner with the team, and I impressed the Danes with my B-level Danish (had my final today and got a B!).

And on the Christmas note, I have a bag of presents that is packed and ready to be handed out to my loves!

No comments: