Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Three Weeks

Tomorrow marks the three week countdown until I come home! Don't worry though, besides the one paper I have to write and multiple finals I have to take, I have activities planned for all of my free time.

In fact, last night we had a Danish dinner and watched a Danish movie with my Danish class. The movie was highly disturbing and I do not recommend it to anyone. It's part of the Dogma 95 movement and is called Festen. Then we ate duck, red cabbage and potatoes. And by we ate, I mean I ate potatoes because duck is potentially the grossest thing ever. I've decided that I just really don't like birds in any form at all.

Tonight we made mac and cheese (don't worry, it's on the Christmas menu) for Kristina's visiting host family. Det er hyggligt. They have a one-year-old who was very cute, but really made me excited to see my niece!

Tomorrow I am going to a museum with Kristina, Thursday I'm not exactly sure where, but some sort of Thanksgiving-ish dinner, and Friday I'm hosting a dinner at the kollegium down the road from me. Then Saturday we're going to Malmo in Sweden (finally!) And Sunday we have a craft fair in Valby and a Danish movie at school (that will hopefully be a little nicer to watch).

So right now, I am definitely a mixture of being really excited about all that's going on here and how Christmas-y it is, yet very excited to be almost home with my friends and family.

Oh, and it really doesn't snow in Copenhagen: it mini-hails. The weirdest thing I've ever seen fall from the sky! Like tiny little snowballs.

No comments: