After many painstaking hours, my pictures are finally completely uploaded. Enjoy looking through them and expect full commentary when I get back and show you the other thousand I didn't upload.
Right now, I don't feel so far from home because Denmark is a flurry of election madness. Seriously, you'd think the next King of the World were being elected in a matter of hours. There are events at every bar in Copenhagen and Danes aren't talking about much else. My host dad seems to think that if Obama wins its not a matter of if but when he get assassinated and the next civil war starts. Maybe I'm out of touch, but I think that's a little drastic. I am completely election-ed out and feel like right before you take a test and you know that studying for a minute more won't do any good. I just can't listen or watch anymore until the results are in.

Back to other important events in November. My host family woke me up on Sunday singing and waving Danish flags. We had a little breakfast of soft boiled eggs, Danish breads and tea. They gave me two pens as a gift and hung a string of 25 presents in my room for me to open starting on December 1.

I relaxed in my room and unpacked for a while and then went for a run. I found a cute park area that will be nice to run through when I can run during the few hours of sunlight. When I got back and showered, we had a late lunch. I got to talk to Dave for a long time on skype, which was nice and sort of a special treat for my birthday. At about 7:30 my host brothers and mormor came over.

My host brothers bought me a sampler pack of beer and said it was either that or a party pack featuring condoms, pregnancy tests and porn, but they couldn't decide between gay or straight. Oh, that Danish sense of humor.

Mormor gave me beautiful salt and pepper shakers from Royal Copenhagen, a really nice store that makes dishes etc. We had chocolade kage and a real birthday cake with candles. Then I went into a food coma and fell asleep. Now I am on a diet.
No comments:
Post a Comment